mdi Career Center | Shipping and Receiving
mdi is a growing, family-owned sales organization seeking to add a new member to our Shipping and Receiving Team! We specialize in providing both domestic and international customers with industrial product solutions, including compressed air systems, fire fighting equipment, oil-less air compressors, vacuum pumps, electric and hydraulic winches, electric motors, hose reels, tube expanders and pneumatic tools. Our focus lies in high-quality, reliable products and excellent customer service.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving Specialist to become an integral part of our team! You will help coordinate incoming/outgoing shipment activities and order processing. Our ideal candidate will share our passion for customer service, as well as be highly motivated and function well in a fun, fast-paced, team environment.
What is the job?
The job duties include:
- Pick, assemble, address, pack, and ship merchandise or material
- Unpack, verify, and record incoming merchandise or material
- Arrange appropriate transportation of products
- Assist customers with shipping inquiries
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Unload LTL and/or Full Truckload Shipments using a standard fork-lift
- General building and grounds maintenance
Product training is provided. Full-time position is Mon - Friday 7:30am to 5:30pm and requires some paid overtime. This position also offers team quarterly bonus opportunities.
What are the qualifications?
1. Previous experience in shipping, logistics, or other related fields
2. Ability to handle physical workload (Lifting/Pulling 50+ lbs)
3. Fork-Lift experience
4. Ability to multitask and prioritize
5. Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with little direction
6. Strong organizational skills
7. Ability to work in an environment with multiple departments to report to and receive direction from those departments
8. Comprehensive understanding of mathematics
9. High school diploma/G.E.D required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows 7, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Confidence navigating websites and Internet browsers
- Ability to pass typing test (minimum 30 wpm)
- Fork-Lift Certification
- International Shipping experience
- Secondary education
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish
- Experience in related industry