mdi Career Center | Office
mdi, is an industrial distributor selling equipment to businesses throughout the US and Internationally. Started in 2002 we have had consistent growth, and have expanded from the Tampa area with a warehouse in TX, AZ, NC and KY. We are a small company with great employees who work hard but like to have fun.
Who are we looking for?
We have an opening for an Office Assistant to join our growing team!
We are a fast growing company seeking team players to become part of our future success. We have been in business since 2002 and have been listed in the top 5000 fastest growing companies in the US for the last 2 years. We are customer service focused and have had continual growth in the industrial distribution industry.
The right candidate will possess a strong work ethic, a "Can Do" attitude, the ability to work in a team environment, has a sense of urgency, detailed oriented, has the ability to prioritize and multitask, is willing to learn new tasks, is well organized, has the ability to provide excellent customer service and is solution driven. Quickbooks experience and CRM experience is a plus but the right person can be trained.
- Set up new customers.
- Have a full understanding of pertinent documents to be uploaded into data base. Eg: Sales Tax Exemptions, Credit Applications, Purchase Orders, Terms & Conditions.
- Enter customer orders for products of our top manufacturer.
- Become familiar with products.
- Prioritize orders based on urgency, customer, and size.
- Work closely with Shipping Department to ensure expedited orders are shipped within the required time frame for customer needs.
- Determine location where the order should be shipped from based on inventory availability and what would best suit the customer’s needs.
- Have an understanding of inventory; “Supply & Demand”.
- Make recommendations for stock orders as needed. Place order and track accordingly.
- Coordinate quarterly physical inventory.
- Have an understanding of freight terms and services.
- Credit card processing.
- Respond to customer inquiries accordingly.
- Assist Accounting Manager with vendor / customer discrepancy resolutions.
- Assist in answering phones as needed.
- Miscellaneous office duties and projects.
This position reports directly to Accounting Manager and may require assisting with project requests from other members of the Management Team.
What are the qualifications?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working Knowledge of Windows 10 & Outlook
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Accurate typing skills, 30+ WPM
- Excellent Communications & Phone Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, including Cross Training, and assisting in other duties when co-workers are out of the office.
- Dependable & Responsible
What are the benefits?
*Benefits become effective after 60 days of employment.
- Fun, positive, work atmosphere
- Opportunities for advancement
- Quarterly and Year end bonus's.
- Full Benefits Package - Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance*
- Paid vacation**
- Paid sick time**