mdi Career Center | Business Operations Manager
Manufacturers Distributor, Inc. (mdi) is looking to add a Business Operations Manager to our growing team. We have been listed in the top 5,000 growing companies in the US 4 years in a row! We specialize in providing customers with industrial product solutions, including compressed air, air compressors, pipe, hose reels, vacuum pumps, pneumatic tools and firefighting equipment.
Who are we looking for?
We have an opening for a business operations manager to join our growing team!
We are a fast growing company seeking team players to become part of our future success. We have been in business since 2002 and have been listed in the top 5000 fastest growing companies in the US for the last 2 years. We are customer service focused and have had continual growth in the industrial distribution industry.
Our ideal candidate has a strong ability to handle diverse responsibilities, including overseeing day-to-day operations, contract reviews, vendor documentation, and aspects of accounting. Essential skills include proficiency in Excel for inventory management, leadership, problem-solving, and effective communication. Previous experience in HVAC/Pipe, Valves and Fittings, Compressed Air Systems, or a related industry, along with management experience and knowledge of sales team dynamics, is required. Advanced Excel skills, familiarity with business software, and a college degree are essential. If you meet these criteria, we invite you to apply for this dynamic opportunity.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day business operations
- Contract reviewal, terms and conditions and credit reviews
- Manage and maintain vendor documentation
- Oversee some aspects of accounting including but not limited to; payroll, bank processes, monitoring the financial data and recommending solutions to improve profitability
- Review product spreadsheets in Excel for inventory purposes
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices
- Work directly with Executives and Managers
What are the qualifications?
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of financial management principles
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience in HVAC/Pipe, Valves and Fittings/Compressed Air Systems/Hose Reels/Industrial or Automotive industry or related industry
- Prior Management experience required
- Experience working with a Sales team required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables, Formulas, Macros) required
- Proficient in using business software and tools required
- Experience in Hubspot (CRM) a plus
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Enterprise a plus
- Freight/Shipping knowledge a plus
- College Degree and/or advanced education required
What are the benefits?
*Benefits become effective after 60 days of employment.
- Fun, positive, work atmosphere
- Opportunities for advancement
- Quarterly and Year end bonus's.
- Full Benefits Package - Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance*
- Paid vacation**
- Paid sick time**